Temporary tattoos are a fun way to add some excitement to a party or gathering. Kids temporary tattoos can be created at home with any design. Bird tattoos are particularly popular these days. You can make your own by purchasing temporary tattoo paper and printing your favorite bird image in reverse. Cut out the image and apply it to the skin, wetting the back. The ink will transfer with the temporary tattoo film for an option that stays for a few days. Some beautiful bird designs which you can choose include:
- Birds breaking free from a feather. One of the most popular tattoo options is the image of a feather where small birds are breaking free in flight. This simple but meaningful design can be made in any size. Finding a clipart of this style is a breeze. If you find an image that has some sort of background, you can easily remove the background using the background remover feature in Microsoft Word or online at Clipping Magic.
- Hummingbird with flowers. A simple hummingbird nestled on a tree branch or in front of some flowers is another way to add bright temporary color to your skin. The tattoos can be derived from a detailed clipart image for best results.
- Eagle in flight. The bald eagle is one of the most iconic bird tattoos around. It is ageless and fun for children and adults alike. It’s portrayal of freedom is exactly why it should be chosen for temporary tattoo purposes.
- Cartoon birds. From Angry Birds to Woodstock, there are countless fun methods for creating cartoon bird tattoos. Simply look up images of your kid’s favorite character birds and use them for your design.
- A bird that is less traditional but just as beautiful is the peacock. Printing up a large design such as this is another creative way to express your love of birds.
You can get your printer to automatically print in reverse be going to your printer properties and selecting TRANSFER PAPER as the media type. This will work with all printers and newer programs. If you would like to create custom designs, consider using a program like Photoshop for your clipart manipulation. Lastly, be very cautious when removing temporary tattoos. The first instinct for many individuals is to rub the area aggressively with warm water and soap. This can cause raw patches on your child’s skin and leave the area tender. Temporary tattoo paper is designed to be easy to remove with the use of baby oil or eye makeup remover that is oil based. Both are easy, affordable options. Simply apply with a cotton swap and gently massage into the area until the tattoo starts to flake off.
Temporary tattoos can be great as gifts for parties or they can be used to tag your child when heading to a big event, in event that they get lost. As a final word of caution, be sure to test a small tattoo design on the skin before applying larger ones to ensure there is no allergic reaction.